What makes the SMARTBAR different to other brands?
We've removed the annoying and downright dangerous pain points found in other brands: ‘hard to affix’ clips, loose weights, cumbersome hand plates (and more). Instead, we've created a bar & weights system built for fast paced workout classes, starting with the original barbell workout BODYPUMP.
The result is a system featuring a patented gator release mechanism, rotating bar ends and ergonomic hand plates. Translation: its engineered for performance, made for motivation.
How do you benefit?
- Maximize your results from 30-55 min total body workouts (regardless of your fitness level)
- Instantly improve your technique by activating the right muscles to burn calories more efficiently
- Feel leaner and more energized (even if you’re juggling a busy life)
Thousands of the world’s leading clubs have jumped on board - trusting the SMARTBAR to improve member experiences. And you can too from the comfort of your own home - whenever you feel like a mental or metabolic boost to your day.
Is the SMARTBAR worth the investment?
The reality is that the SMARTBAR is a premium product with a premium price tag - after all, a lot goes into making the SMARTBAR.
So the question to ask yourself is are you committed to working out regularly and creating a better version of yourself? If the answer is no, then the SMARTBAR is probably not for you. If the answer is yes, then the SMARTBAR is well worth it.
Why? Because every press, curl and rep counts towards a leaner and more energized you. You’re going to push limits, break sweat. And you’re not going to want to waste your time with underperforming, cumbersome equipment. Instead, the SMARTBAR is:
- engineered to maximize fast-paced total body workouts (for all fitness levels)
- designed to instantly improve your technique (even if you’re just getting started)
- proven to burn calories more efficiently (and help you lose weight faster)
All in all, the smoothest, most enjoyable training equipment out there.
What are the different weights that come with the set?
The SMARTBAR comes with a range of weight plates:
- 1kg/2.2lb weight plates (x2)
- 2.5kg/5.5lb weight plates (x2)
- 5kg/11lb weight plates (x2)
Additional weights can be purchased separately (including 3.7kg/8.2lb, 7.5kg/22lb & 10kg/22.05lb plates).
What are the product specifications?
- 131.2 x 13.1 x 9.1cm, 2.64 kg
- 51.65 x 5.17 x 3.56in, 5.82lbs
1kg weight plate (2 each):
- 18 x 2.2 x 18cm, 1kg
- 7.1 x 0.8 x 7.1in, 2.2lb
2.5kg weight plate (2 each):
- 20 x 2.2 x 20cm, 2.5kg
- 7.8 x 0.8 x 7.8in, 5.5lb
5kg weight plate (2 each):
- 26 x 26 x 26cm, 5kg
- 10.2 x 1 x 10.2in, 11lb
The packaged weight of the SMARTBAR barbell is approximately 3.18kg / 7.01lbs and the packed volume is 0.0206m3
The packaged weight of the Weight set is approximately 17.37kg / 38.30lbs and the packed volume is 0.0183m3
Why should you be confident in the SMARTBAR's durability and safety?
The SMARTBAR its durable…test dropped 80,000 times and life tested for 5 years in a high-use club environment. Every batch of weight plates is also tested under the microscope to ensure high quality steel is used and the perfect density achieved. We are so confident in the SMARTBAR™ that it is backed by a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty.
What is the difference between SMARTBAR Gen 2 and Gen 1?
The all-new SMARTBAR Gen 2: smoother, stronger and even safer. Full of features to help you take your workouts next level and get you closer to your goals.
So what’s new?
It doesn’t seem possible, but the bar is 20% slimmer. Yet its durable as ever…test dropped 80,000 times and life tested for 5 years in a high-use club environment.
New lower-profile ‘gator teeth’ make weight transitions even faster – letting you quickly release and secure your weights between tracks. So you can keep up with the fast paced classes and spend more time working towards your aspirations.
And that’s just for starters…
- a squarer plate shape provides additional grip space, whilst textured ‘grip’ zones deliver even more control. Translation: lift heavier, for longer.
- a re-designed ‘handle insert’ engages seamlessly with the gator for extra plate security (and reduced wear on use);
- new 3.7kg & 7.5Kg plates provide progress weight increments – to help you step up your training.
Do Gen 1 weights work with Gen 2 bar?
Yes, Gen 1 and Gen 2 are compatible with one another. So if you want to keep your Gen 1 weights but upgrade to the Gen 2 bar, you can.
Do Gen 2 weights work with the Gen 1 bar?
Yes, Gen 1 and Gen 2 are compatible with one another. So if you want to keep your Gen 1 bar but upgrade to the Gen 2 weights, you can.
What is the max weight capacity for the SMARTBAR?
The maximum weight SMARTBAR is designed to hold is 45kg. Three (3) weight plates can clip in at once on each end, with the largest plates on the inside closest to the gator handle and smallest plates on the outside, ie maximum loading on each end is 22.5kg with multiple weight plate variations possible. High intensity, accelerated moves are considered extreme (eg GRIT STRENGTH accelerated clean & press). Loading above 45kg could result in a bent bar. Use under these conditions will fall outside our manufacturer warranty.
What workout classes can I do with the SMARTBAR? And where can I stream them?
SMARTBAR is engineered for LES MILLS’ fast paced workouts – available anytime through a LES MILLS+ on subscription:
- BODYPUMP™, the original barbell class that shapes, tones and strengthens your entire body;
- CORE™, a core strength class designed to improve posture and tone your abs, butt and legs;
- LES MILLS GRIT™ Strength, a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout, designed to improve strength and build lean muscle.
- LES MILLS GRIT™ Athletic is a 30-minute high-intensity interval training plyometric-based workout, designed to make you perform like an athlete.
You can also use the bar and plates for other group fitness classes or personal training.
What is the warranty period?
SMARTBAR Gen 2 is backed by a 3 year manufacturer's warranty. Some exclusions