What makes the SMARTBAR weight plates different to other brands?
We've removed the annoying and downright dangerous pain points found in other brands: ‘hard to affix’ clips, loose weights, cumbersome hand plates (and more). Instead, we've created a bar & weights system built for fast paced workout classes, starting with the original barbell workout BODYPUMP.
How do you benefit?
- Maximize your results from 30-55 min total body workouts (regardless of your fitness level)
- Instantly improve your technique by activating the right muscles to burn calories more efficiently
- Feel leaner and more energized (even if you’re juggling a busy life)
Thousands of the world’s leading clubs have jumped on board - trusting the SMARTBAR to improve member experiences. And you can too from the comfort of your own home - whenever you feel like a mental or metabolic boost to your day.
Are SMARTBAR weight plates worth the investment?
The reality is that the SMARTBAR weight plates are a premium product with a premium price tag. So the question to ask yourself is are you committed to working out regularly and creating a better version of yourself? If the answer is no, then SMARTBAR weight plates are probably not for you. If the answer is yes, then our plates are well worth it.
Why? Because every press, curl and rep counts towards a leaner and more energized you. You’re going to push limits, break sweat. And you’re not going to want to waste your time with cumbersome dumbells. Instead, our weight plates are:
- engineered to maximize fast-paced total body workouts (for all fitness levels)
- designed to instantly improve your technique (even if you’re just getting started)
- proven to burn calories more efficiently (and help you lose weight faster)
All in all, the smoothest, most enjoyable weight plates out there. And a big investment in yourself.
Why should you be confident in the durability and safety of SMARTBAR weight plates?
The SMARTBAR weight plates are durable…life tested for 5 years in a high-use club environment. Every batch of plates is tested under the microscope to ensure high quality steel is used and the perfect density achieved. We are so confident in the SMARTBAR™ weight plates that it is backed by a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty.
What is the difference between SMARTBAR Gen 2 and Gen 1?
- a squarer plate shape provides additional grip space, whilst textured ‘grip’ zones deliver even more control. Translation: lift heavier, for longer.
- a re-designed ‘handle insert’ engages seamlessly with the gator for extra plate security (and reduced wear on use).
- new 3.7kg & 7.5Kg plates provide progress weight increments – to help you step up your training.
Do Gen 2 weights work with the Gen 1 bar?
Yes, Gen 1 and Gen 2 are compatible with one another. So if you want to keep your Gen 1 bar but upgrade to the Gen 2 weights, you can.
What workout classes can I do with the SMARTBAR? And where can I stream them?
SMARTBAR is engineered for LES MILLS’ fast paced workouts – available anytime through a LES MILLS+ on subscription:
- CORE™, a core strength class designed to improve posture and tone your abs, butt and legs;
- LES MILLS GRIT™ Strength, a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout, designed to improve strength and build lean muscle.
- LES MILLS GRIT™ Athletic is a 30-minute high-intensity interval training plyometric-based workout, designed to make you perform like an athlete.
You can also use the plates for other group fitness classes or personal training.
What is the warranty period?
SMARTBAR Gen 2 is backed by a 3 year manufacturer's warranty. Some exclusions